M-System DOC Millennium with MTD.

john halewood john at frumious.unidec.co.uk
Sun Dec 3 14:01:42 EST 2000

David Woodhouse wrote, re misidentification/failure to identify DoC's
 with the M-Systems doc2.fff firmware:
>You can also work round this by disabling CONFIG_MTD_DOCPROBE_55AA

Yup. you also need to disable DOCPROBE_HIMEM as well, otherwise you just
get a lot of messages of the form "found possible Doc at XXXXX" and no
mtd device.
 I've been messing with these parameters so much recently I've sometimes
felt like hacking a /proc interface to them to avoid the reconfig -
recompile modules - rmmod /insmod cycle, which can be quite painful on a slow
processor. In the long run though i think pollution of the /proc space
is probably left to those who've done it so well in the past

john