Processor Specific Files

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Aug 24 03:52:56 EDT 2000

mark.langsdorf at amd.com said:
>  My problem is that the cfi_probe() code fails if the PARS  are
> write-cacheable, since the return value of an earlier  probe is
> cached, and then returned for the 4x8 probe.

Why not just fix the BIOS? Making flash regions write-cacheable is just
wrong, surely?

It would possibly be useful to have some generic code in the physmap.c map
driver which attempts to turn of caching for the region it's using - is
there a portable way to call arch-specific routines to do that?

--
dwmw2