NFTL cleanup

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Aug 17 03:49:46 EDT 2000

I've realised that we're not permitted to use a semaphore, or call any of
the MTD access functions, from the nftl_request() function.

The nftl_request() function isn't permitted to sleep.

Therefore, we want a kernel thread. The _request function should do nothing
but take requests off the kernel's queue and stick them on a private queue,
to be served by the kernel thread.

Once we do proper concurrent access to individual flash chips within the
DiskOnChip, that'll become _very_ important.

--
dwmw2