Is JFFS a full featured filesystem?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Aug 2 08:24:46 EDT 2000

dwmw2 at infradead.org said:
>  alex at cendio.se said:
> > All this, and the fact that the missing needed mutex around the
> > writing to the log makes the jffs filesystem quite seriously borked.

> This compiles. Wonder if it works...

Hmmm. I didn't really expect it to work without deadlocking - I expected
there to be some path from jffs_write_node() through jffs_fmalloc() to
jffs_garbage_collect() and hence jffs_rewrite_data() - which would attempt
to obtain the lock for a second time.

In fact, it seems that it does work, because there's no attempt made to
trigger immediate GC if jffs_write_node() finds that there's not enough
space. Am I on crack or is this really the case?

--
dwmw2