DOC status

David Woodhouse David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com
Tue Sep 21 15:53:07 EDT 1999

 (copied to the MTD list to avoid duplication)

zager at post.comstar.ru said:
> Hello, David ? Do you have any progress with DOC2000 since 19990820
> snapshot ? Thanks in advance.

Some. People have sent me bug fixes, and I've made it compile and run with the
2.3 kernel.

If you don't actually need to boot off it, it appears to be working reliably
for read-write operation. But because their driver doesn't understand the
NFTL after I write to it, you can't boot off the DoC.

My contact in M-Systems has been away for a while, so I've not been able to
work on the problems with interoperation.

Unfortunately, now he's back from his holiday, I have to get on with some real
work - we have an exhibition in Italy all of next week, and we're running
around like blue-wossname'd flies here at the moment preparing for it.
I have no time for random Linux hacking - my linux-kernel mail folder hasn't
even been read.

I'll be back on top of it within two weeks' time, and hope to submit a working
version to Linus as soon as I can, to make sure it gets into 2.4.

If in the meantime someone wants to convert the PCMCIA bulkmem driver in 2.3.17
to work with the current MTD system, I'll love them for ever.

David Woodhouse        David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com       Office: (+44) 1223 810302
 Project Leader,     Process Information Systems      Mobile: (+44) 976 658355
    Axiom (Cambridge) Ltd., Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridge, CB5 0NA, UK.
             finger dwmw2 at ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk for PGP key.