Disk-On-Chip 2000 and Linux

David Woodhouse David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com
Mon Jul 5 15:31:15 EDT 1999

jgg at deltatee.com said:
>  Have you had any contact with Datalight about their TrueFFS stuff? I
> hear that windows CE will use FAT on TrueFFS and I belive that my
> Octagon board's 'CardTrick' bios does the same. It would round things
> out nicely to have support for that as well.

As far as I know, Datalight's ROM-DOS doesn't support the chips at all; it just
uses the INT 13h functionality provided by the Disk-On-Chip onboard BIOS
extensions. I don't know about the CardTrick BIOS, but I expect that it just
uses M-Systems' code.

You could try them with the driver I wrote for the old Disk-On-Chip devices,
and see what happens.

David Woodhouse        David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com       Office: (+44) 1223 810302
 Project Leader,     Process Information Systems      Mobile: (+44) 976 658355
    Axiom (Cambridge) Ltd., Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridge, CB5 0NA, UK.
             finger dwmw2 at ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk for PGP key.