Can't modify my DoC anymore (pb with GRUB)

DAVID Guillaume guillaume.david at mensi.com
Fri Dec 31 19:12:17 EST 1999

I just installed grub 0.90 on my disk-on-chip DOC2000 and so it boot from it
now.
But it seems that loading the kernel fails and grub runs a minimal bash.
I don't understand anything with this bash.

The real problem is that I can't boot my development system on hda1 anymore
because the disk-on-chip firmware intercepts the boot sequence.
Moreover, I'm forced to let the disk-on-chip plugged if I want to correct it !

I tried all the options the bios setup was providing but it didn't seemed to
have effect.

Can I erase the disk-on-chip firmware from this minimal bash ? or is there
any better solution?

I created the system as follow :

     cd grub-0.90
     patch -p0 -i ../grub-0.90-doc-patch.txt
     rm -f configure
     autoconf
     ./configure --enable-diskonchip
     make
     cp stage2/pre_stage2 ~/mtd/grub
     cd ~/mtd/grub
     make
     ../util/eraseall /dev/mtd0
     ../util/nftl_format /dev/mtd0 98304
     sfdisk /dev/nftla <<EOF
     	0,770,83,*
     	771,,83
     	EOF
     mke2fs /dev/nftla1
     mount /dev/nftla1 /mnt/mtd
     mkdir -p /mnt/mtd/boot/grub
     cp -a /boot/vmlinuz /mnt/mtd/boot/
     cat > /mnt/mtd/boot/grub/menu.lst <<"EOF"
	default=0
	timeout=2
	title=mtd
	root (dc0,0)
	kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/nftla1
	EOF
     ../util/doc_loadbios /dev/mtd0 grub_firmware
     reboot

PS : if needed, my mother board is a C17BP

Guillaume DAVID.