DOC2000 and 2.2.12 kernel

Adi Linden adi at adis.on.ca
Sun Dec 12 20:38:47 EST 1999

Hi,

I am new to using the DOC2000 devices. I successfully patched the 2.2.12
kernel with the M-Systems provided binary driver. But I can't get plilo to
compile. I understand distributing the kernel patched with a binary driver
will violate the GPL license.

Now I am looking at mtd. I am lost in its documentation. Now I have a
bunch of questions:

1. Is mtd a kernel patch? if so, how to I apply it to the kernel?
2. Which devices do I have to create to access the doc2000?
3. Does mtd require the doc2000 firmaware which conflicts with lilo?

Regards,
Adi