Toshiba Flashpath?

David Woodhouse David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com
Wed Aug 18 05:15:13 EDT 1999

tcollins at rof.net said:
> Just a suggestion, request, for the memory project.
> Toshiba makes a smartmedia reader that works with a floppy drive.

 <snip>

Things are changing. http://www.tce.co.jp/linux/

> It would be nice if this techology made its way into the Linux world.
> It is the easiest and fastest way to transfer data two and from smartmedia.

A fine plan. I was looking at this a few days ago - there are some specs
available from someone who's been reverse-engineering the protocols used.

However, appears to be no code, and no progress for some time.

I don't have any of these devices, so I haven't bothered to investigate
further. But if you're interested in it, and have access to one of them,
then please do try to pick up from where the others have left off, and try to
provide a driver for them (or set a project for a student to do so :)

 http://www.schou.dk/flashpath/
 http://www.susie.demon.co.uk/flashpath.html

When I next update the project web page, I'll add these links.

David Woodhouse        David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com       Office: (+44) 1223 810302
 Project Leader,     Process Information Systems      Mobile: (+44) 976 658355
    Axiom (Cambridge) Ltd., Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridge, CB5 0NA, UK.
             finger dwmw2 at ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk for PGP key.