imx27: pinctrl: GPIO set output value failed

Uwe Kleine-König u.kleine-koenig at pengutronix.de
Wed Jan 22 03:50:24 EST 2014

Hello Chris,

just a few questions to maybe bring you forward in your debug session.

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 12:21:12PM +0800, Chris Ruehl wrote:
> after fix the imx_read_2bit() the registers show the expected values.
> Ergo the problem must be in the gpiolib, my guess
>
> pin 9 (MX27_PAD_LD3) GPIO 1, function 0, direction 1, oconf 3, iconfa 0, iconfb 0
> pin 10 (MX27_PAD_LD4) GPIO 1, function 0, direction 1, oconf 3, iconfa 0, iconfb 0
> pin 11 (MX27_PAD_LD5) GPIO 1, function 0, direction 0, oconf 3, iconfa 0, iconfb 0
> pin 12 (MX27_PAD_LD6) GPIO 1, function 0, direction 1, oconf 3, iconfa 0, iconfb 0
Can dump the gpio register space (e.g. using jtag or memedit)? Then try
something like:

	dump register space
	echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio10/value
	dump register space again and compare with result from above

Feel free to share your results for additional pairs of eyes.

Do the gpios work in the boot loader?

> gain, gpio9 works gpio10,12 not response on the
> /sys/class/gpio/gpio10/value changes.
How do you diagnose "no response"? With a multimeter or software wise?
You are measuring the right pins, are you?

Best regards
Uwe