ARM uClinux loadable modules

David Wooff David.Wooff at calrec.com
Wed Dec 9 11:47:22 EST 2009

Hi,
I have successfully built a simple driver module configured for built in
operation and it runs at startup - great so far.

I then built it for loadable operation and it builds ok.  I am left with
a .ko file.  When I download my new image to the target, I cannot see
the ko file in order to load it.  Do I have to download the module
separately or should it be part of the image and visible somewhere?

Is there anything else I need to do other than enabling loadable module
support and selecting the loadable module <M> in the config?

I'm running 2.6.30 btw.

Thanks,
Dave W.

David Wooff	  <http://www.calrec.com/images/siglogo.gif>
Software Development Engineer

Tel: 	 +44 (0)1422 842159
Fax: 	 +44 (0)1422 845244
Email: 	 david.wooff at calrec.com
Web: 	 www.calrec.com <http://www.calrec.com/>
CALREC AUDIO LTD  Nutclough Mill  Hebden Bridge  W Yorks  HX7 8EZ
England

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance of this email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the sender as soon as possible. Any views expressed within this email may not necessarily be the views held by Calrec Audio Ltd.  Calrec Audio Ltd have taken measures to ensure this email is free from computer viruses, however it is recommended that you also employ anti-virus measures on your computer systems.
Calrec Audio Ltd. Registered in England. Registration number: 02392336. WEEE registration number: WEE/JE0051TQ/PRO. Registered address: Nutclough Mill, Hebden Bridge, West Yorks, HX7 8EZ.