[PATCH v19 1/7] firmware: arm_rmm: Add SMC definitions for calling the RMM
Suzuki K Poulose
suzuki.poulose at arm.com
Thu Sep 24 15:15:49 PDT 2026
On 24/09/2026 17:57, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Sep 2026 14:51:55 +0100
> Suzuki K Poulose <suzuki.poulose at arm.com> wrote:
>
>> From: Steven Price <steven.price at arm.com>
>>
>> The RMM (Realm Management Monitor) provides functionality that can be
>> accessed by SMC calls from the host.
>>
>> The SMC definitions are based on DEN0137[1] version 2.0-bet3
>>
>> [1] https://developer.arm.com/documentation/den0137/2-0bet3/
>>
>> Reviewed-by: Gavin Shan <gshan at redhat.com>
>> Signed-off-by: Steven Price <steven.price at arm.com>
>> Signed-off-by: Suzuki K Poulose <suzuki.poulose at arm.com>
>
> Hi Suzuki,
>
> One small thing I didn't really care about but where I thought you
> said you were going to tweak things.
>
> Either way
> Reviewed-by: Jonathan Cameron <jonathan.cameron at oss.qualcomm.com>
Thanks !
>
>> +struct rec_exit {
>> + union { /* 0x000 */
>> + u8 exit_reason;
>> + u8 padding0[0x100];
>> + };
>> + union { /* 0x100 */
>> + struct {
>> + u64 esr;
>> + u64 far;
>> + u64 hpfar;
>> + u64 rtt_tree;
>> + };
>> + u8 padding1[0x100];
>> + };
>> + union { /* 0x200 */
>> + u64 gprs[REC_RUN_GPRS];
>> + u8 padding2[0x100];
>> + };
>> + union { /* 0x300 */
>> + u8 padding3[0x100];
>
> I thought plan was to fold into the padding above?
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/d7ccaf22-5bde-4344-8bf0-a5a17dcac0f3@arm.com/
Yep, I missed it :facepalm:, Apologies. I will fix it straight awy.
Cheers
Suzuki
>
>> + };
>> + union { /* 0x400 */
>> + struct {
>> + u64 cntp_ctl;
>> + u64 cntp_cval;
>> + u64 cntv_ctl;
>> + u64 cntv_cval;
>> + };
>> + u8 padding4[0x100];
>> + };
>
>
More information about the linux-arm-kernel
mailing list