Regression: serial: imx: overrun errors on debug UART

Stefan Wahren stefan.wahren at i2se.com
Tue May 23 08:12:32 PDT 2023

Hi Thorsten,

Am 22.05.23 um 11:25 schrieb Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis):
> Hi, Thorsten here, the Linux kernel's regression tracker. Top-posting
> for once, to make this easily accessible to everyone.
>
> Stefan, was this regression ever solved? It doesn't look like it, but
> maybe I'm missing something.
>
> If it wasn't solved: what needs to be done to get this rolling again?

thanks for the reminder. From a user point of view this issue hasn't
been fixed so far. For our product we just reverted the commit in a
downstream repo.

 From my understanding there was already an issue there and the
optimizing commit by Tomasz just make the situation worse. Unfortunately
my time budget to investigate this issue further is exhausted, so i
stopped working at this.

In case someone can give clear instructions to investigate this further,
i will try to look at it in my spare time. But i cannot make any promises.

Best regards