[GIT PULL] ARM64 RK808 defconfig fix

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed Jun 21 06:10:46 PDT 2023

On Wed, Jun 21, 2023, at 14:28, Sebastian Reichel wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 11:36:48AM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 15, 2023, at 19:49, Sebastian Reichel wrote:
>> > Since I did not get any feedback for the defconfig patches from [0] and they
>> > are fixing a KernelCI regression (Rockchip Chromebooks no longer boot because
>> > of missing PMIC driver), I prepared a pull request with the defconfig change
>> > instead as suggested by Tony [1]. It consists of the rk806 immutable branch
>> > prepared by Lee Jones [2] and the arm64 defconfig patch. I will send a second
>> > pull request for the arm32 multi_v7 defconfig. This is targeting linux-next.
>> >
>> > [0]
>> > https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230518040541.299189-1-sebastian.reichel@collabora.com/
>> > [1]
>> > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-omap/20230604060436.GT14287@atomide.com/
>> > [1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230515152425.GV10825@google.com/
>>
>> I don't think it's important to have bisectable defconfig changes,
>> and I'd prefer to just cherry-pick the two defconfig patches in
>> this case if that's ok with you.
>
> Sure, please go ahead. I just want to make sure that the regression
> is fixed.

Done

> By the way, what's the merge strategy for defconfig patches? Apart
> from my RK808 fixes we have some other pending defconfig updates and
> nobody seems to care:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230504201916.1121243-1-cristian.ciocaltea@collabora.com/
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230604171345.1215276-1-cristian.ciocaltea@collabora.com/

I normally expect defconfig patches to go through one of the platform
maintainer trees, the same way that I merge dts or driver changes,
so I tend to miss patches sent individually, unless they take soc at kernel.org
into Cc, which puts them into patchwork.

I've applied the above two now, as they seem harmless. I see that
Heiko was not on Cc here, so he probably never saw them.

>> > The following changes since commit ac9a78681b921877518763ba0e89202254349d1b:
>> >
>> >   Linux 6.4-rc1 (2023-05-07 13:34:35 -0700)
>> >
>> > are available in the Git repository at:
>> >

>> > ssh://git@gitolite.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sre/linux-misc.git/
>> > rk806-defconfig-fix-arm64
>>
>> This is also not a public git URL, you may need something like this
>> in your .gitconfig to generate better pull requests:
>>
>> [url "https://git.kernel.org"]
>>     insteadOf = ssh://git@gitolite.ra.kernel.org
>
> oops, I actually have the reverse thing in my .gitconfig and didn't
> notice it gets applied for 'git request-pull'. Thanks for the hint.

For the reverse entry, you probably want this:

[url "git+ssh://gitolite@ra.kernel.org"]
    pushInsteadOf = git://git.kernel.org

so that "git request-pull" always uses the https but "git push"
always uses git+ssh, regardless of what URL you have.

      Arnd