ipv4/tcp.c:4234:1: error: the frame size of 1152 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes [-Werror=frame-larger-than=]

Brendan Higgins brendanhiggins at google.com
Tue Sep 14 13:46:53 PDT 2021

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 1:55 PM Shuah Khan <skhan at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> On 9/8/21 3:24 PM, Brendan Higgins wrote:

> >> Looks like these are RFC patches and the discussion went cold. Let's pick
> >> this back up and we can make progress.
> >>
> >> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/CAFd5g45+JqKDqewqz2oZtnphA-_0w62FdSTkRs43K_NJUgnLBg@mail.gmail.com/
> >
> > I can try to get the patch reapplying and send it out (I just figured
> > that Arnd or Kees would want to send it out :-)  since it was your
> > idea).
> >

> Brendan,
>
> Would you like to send me the fix with Suggested-by for Arnd or Kees?

So it looks like Arnd's fix was accepted (whether by him or someone
else) for property-entry-test and Linus already fixed thunderbolt, so
the only remaining of Arnd's patches is for the bitfield test, so I'll
resend that one in a bit.

Also, I haven't actually tried Linus' suggestion yet, but the logic is
sound and the change *should* be fairly unintrusive - I am going to
give that a try and report back (but I will get the bitfield
structleak disable patch out first since I already got that applying).