cpuidle on i.MX8MQ

Martin Kepplinger martin.kepplinger at puri.sm
Wed Nov 3 05:09:15 PDT 2021

Am Dienstag, dem 02.11.2021 um 11:55 +0100 schrieb Alexander Stein:
> Hello,
>
> I was hit by the errata e11171 on imx8mq on our custom board. I found
> [1] from over 2 years ago, and the even older patchset [2].
> Is there some final conclusion or fix regarding this errata? From
> what
> I understand the proposed change is apparently not acceptable in
> mainline for several reasons. I'm wondering what's the current
> status.
> As suggested at that time, the only solution (right now) is to
> disable
> cpuidle on imx8mq?
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander
>
> [1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/6/10/350
> [2] https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/3/27/542

Hi Alexander, hi Abel,

At this point my understanding is basically the same. We carry (a
slight variation of) the above in our tree ever since in oder to have
the cpu-sleep sleep state. Not using it is not acceptable to us :)

Until now there's one internal API change we need to revert (bring
back) in order for this to work. For reference, this is our current
implementation:

https://source.puri.sm/martin.kepplinger/linux-next/-/compare/0b90c3622755e0155632d8cc25edd4eb7f875968...ce4803745a180adc8d87891d4ff8dff1c7bd5464

Abel, can you still say that, in case this solution won't apply anymore
in the future, that you would be available to create an update?

Can you even imagine a possibly acceptable solution for mainline to
this? Nothing is completely set in stone with Linux :)

thank you very much,

                                 martin