more iommu dead code removal

Jason Gunthorpe jgg at ziepe.ca
Mon May 10 04:54:13 PDT 2021

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 08:53:59AM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this is another series to remove dead code from the IOMMU subsystem,
> this time mostly about the hacky code to pass an iommu device in
> struct mdev_device and huge piles of support code.  All of this was
> merged two years ago and (fortunately) never got used.

Yes, I looked at this too. Intel has been merging dead code for a
while now. Ostensibly to prepare to get PASID support in.. But the
whole PASID thing looks to be redesigned from what was originally
imagined.

At least from VFIO I think the PASID support should not use this hacky
stuff, /dev/ioasid should provide a clean solution

Jason