stable: KASan for ARM

Greg Kroah-Hartman gregkh at linuxfoundation.org
Sun Mar 7 15:20:25 GMT 2021

On Sun, Mar 07, 2021 at 04:00:40PM +0100, Michał Mirosław wrote:
> Dear Greg,
>
> Would you consider KASan for ARM patches for LTS (5.10) kernel? Those
> are 7a1be318f579..421015713b30 if I understand correctly. They are
> not normal stable material, but I think they will help tremendously in
> discovering kernel bugs on 32-bit ARMs.

Looks like a new feature to me, right?

How many patches, and have you tested them?  If so, submit them as a
patch series and we can review them, but if this is a new feature, it
does not meet the stable kernel rules.

And why not just use 5.11 or newer for discovering kernel bugs?  Why
does 5.10 matter here?

thanks,

greg k-h