AVC (selinux) denials for the upcoming CKI runs

Veronika Kabatova vkabatov at redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 22:53:23 GMT 2021

tl;dr: Please ignore the upcoming CKI results email, the kernel is fine.

Hi,

I want to give people a heads up before the results actually hit the list.

We are seeing a lot of new AVC denials in our recent upstream jobs. Most
of these are already reported to the relevant teams and we will be masking
them in our jobs.

We only found these after the most recent testing pipeline was submitted.
This means that the upcoming test report will be very confusing and, frankly,
useless, as the current setup treats some of the issues we've encountered
as infrastructure problems (and tries to resubmit the test jobs, with same
results each time), and some others as test failures.

I have reviewed the test jobs manually to verify that besides the AVC issues
(which are *not* the fault of the kernel), there are *NO TEST FAILURES*.
This also includes testing on the machine that triggered the boot issues
last time.

Veronika