[GIT PULL] ARM: at91: soc for 5.12

Alexandre Belloni alexandre.belloni at bootlin.com
Fri Jan 22 11:35:20 EST 2021

On 22/01/2021 16:25:47+0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 3:35 PM <nicolas.ferre at microchip.com> wrote:
> >
> > From: Nicolas Ferre <nicolas.ferre at microchip.com>
> >
> > Arnd, Olof,
> >
> > I'm taking back the lead on sending the pull-requests for AT91 and hope that I
> > didn't loose the knowledge in the meantime. Tell me if there's something I'm
> > missing. Thanks a lot to Alexandre who kept our flow steady and very
> > predictable during all those years!
> >
> > Here are the first SoC changes for 5.12 which contain a single patch for multi
> > platform kernels.
> >
> > I plan to send another pull-request for the SoC changes related to new sama7g5
> > that Claudiu sent to the mainling-list recently. I'll let it mature in
> > linux-next by the beginning of next week and will send another pull-request by
> > mid-next-week.
> > Tell me if you see a problem with this approach.
>
> This all looks good to me, but I think I'd rather take the 'soc' pull request
> into the v5.11 bugfixes, as this may already affect users on other machines.
>
> I would also suggest adding a 'Cc: stable at vger.kernel.org' tag. If you like,
> I can just cherry-pick that patch into the fixes branch and add it there.

I wouldn't backport it as a fix, this is just a warning, in a
configuration that is very unlikely to be used (and honestly, I
wouldn't enable this driver on any platform).

If you take it as a fix, you'll have to also get
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/1611318097-8970-5-git-send-email-claudiu.beznea@microchip.com/

--
Alexandre Belloni, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering