Live patching on ARM64

Julien Thierry jthierry at redhat.com
Wed Jan 20 13:11:03 EST 2021

Hi,

On 1/19/21 4:19 PM, Madhavan T. Venkataraman wrote:

>> Sorry for the late reply. The last RFC for arm64 support in objtool is a bit old because it was preferable to split things into smaller series.
>>
>> I touched it much lately, so I'm picking it back up and will try to get a git branch into shape on a recent mainline (a few things need fixing since the last time I rebased it).
>>
>> I'll update you once I have something at least usable/presentable.
>>
>> Cheers,

I just sent some series the arm64 objtool support:
- https://lkml.org/lkml/2021/1/20/791
-
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/20210120173800.1660730-1-jthierry@redhat.com/T/#t

There are still some things missing, so if you want to investigate a
more complete state I have a branch:
$ git clone https://github.com/julien-thierry/linux.git -b
objtoolxarm64-latest

Let me know if there are any questions related to it.

Cheers,

--
Julien Thierry