Arm + KASAN + syzbot

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Tue Jan 19 08:22:15 EST 2021

Hi Dmitry,

I created a minimal diff to vexpress_defconfig and it boils down to
this:

+CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG_ON=y
+CONFIG_KASAN=y

This is really all I do!

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 1:05 PM Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov at google.com> wrote:

> Yes, I used the qemu -dtb flag.

I'm using that too and WorksForMe :/

> Error: invalid dtb and unrecognized/unsupported machine ID
>   r1=0x000008e0, r2=0x80000100
>   r2[]=05 00 00 00 01 00 41 54 01 00 00 00 00 10 00 00
> Available machine support:
>
> ID (hex) NAME
> ffffffff Generic DT based system
> ffffffff Samsung Exynos (Flattened Device Tree)
> ffffffff Hisilicon Hi3620 (Flattened Device Tree)
> ffffffff ARM-Versatile Express
>
> Please check your kernel config and/or bootloader.

Appended DTB works fine for me too, just echo foo.dtb >> zImage

You have to use a compressed kernel for appended DTB to work
though.

Yours,
Linus Walleij