Old platforms: bring out your dead

David Laight David.Laight at ACULAB.COM
Fri Jan 15 03:59:18 EST 2021

From: William Breathitt Gray
> Sent: 15 January 2021 00:24
> That's part of the Bay Trail generation isn't it? Are those processors
> still manufactured? My worry is that although there are boards still in
> production, they might be simply using up an old stock of parts. The
> question becomes whether these will still be produced in the near
> future, or whether the companies are just using up the rest of their
> supply.

The 'stock of parts' might go back as far as etched wafers that
haven't been cut up....
Even then it may take a moderate demand to get them processed.

We're have to redesign a board to use a completely different
part because the one we were using has gone end-of-life.

Hopefully the replacement will be made for a while.
The datasheet for that part is 12 years old.

The designs for both are probably over 20 years old.
The TDM E1/T1 interface is about 50.
But it is still used.

	David

-