Old platforms: bring out your dead

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Fri Jan 8 19:16:36 EST 2021

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 11:55 PM Arnd Bergmann <arnd at kernel.org> wrote:

> * u300 -- added in 2009, no notable changes since 2013

We can delete this, I don't see any use for it moving forward.
I'll send patches to drop it.

> * ep93xx -- added in 2006, LinusW still working on it, any users left?

I was contacted by a user of this platform, using it with mainline and
fixing bugs in the GPIO driver for this kernel cycle. So it has users.

> * gemini -- added in 2009, LinusW still working on it

This has active support and users through OpenWrt on the
D-Link DNS-313 and DIR-685.

> * ixp4xx -- prehistoric, but LinusW and I are still working on it

One more developer has contacted me showing strong interest
in the platform.

> * nomadik -- added in 2009, LinusW keeps fixing it, probably no other users

I use this for various subsystem testing actually (for the hardware that
is on the board, not necessarily Nomadik per se). So it is in pretty
active use.

> * sa1100 -- prehistoric, but rmk and LinusW sporadically working in it

There were some users from OpenEmbedded some years back
and active patches from Andrea Adami beside RMK and me. Paging
Andrea to see if he still has interest in the platform. (I don't.)

Yours,
Linus Walleij