cns3xxx PCIe domain support

Koen Vandeputte koen.vandeputte at citymesh.com
Mon Jan 4 09:07:31 EST 2021

On 04.01.21 14:48, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> As a treewide cleanup, I was hoping we could just make the domain
> a field in the pci_host_bridge structure that can get set by the host
> bridge driver, and then remove the various other ways of setting
> the data, and then only have a trivial pci_domain_nr() implementation
> everywhere.
>
> For the cns3xxx case, I wonder if anyone actually cares. If
> there are still users, the treewide change would make it trivial
> to set it up right, while backporting would be harder. I noticed
> that openwrt removed cns3xxx support in August with the
> explanation that the platform is not used much anymore,
> and I suspect that any users outside of openwrt stopped updating
> their kernels long ago.
>
>       Arnd

Hi Arnd,

Yes, it was removed and so far I've received 0 complaints/questions
about it.
Even in the years before removal, it hardly ever generated any fuzz.
(I guess I was nearly the only one judging by mail history ..)

The board I used for working on this target also became EOL upstream, as
the SoC used on it also EOL'd at Cavium.

I tried 2 times to still add support for it using kernel 5.4 last
summer, but supporting some
pheripherals mentioned in the boardfile resulted in devicetree horror.
(It's me lacking DT knowledge here)

All these issues, combined with EOL status and an extremely low audience
resulted in final removal.

Regards,

Koen