[v8,6/7] PCI: mediatek-gen3: Add system PM support

Krzysztof Wilczyński kw at linux.com
Thu Feb 25 17:00:34 EST 2021

Hi Jianjun,

[...]
> Thanks for your review,

Thank YOU for all the work here!

[...]
> > > Add suspend_noirq and resume_noirq callback functions to implement
> > > PM system suspend hooks for MediaTek Gen3 PCIe controller.
> >
> > So, "systems suspend" and "resume" hooks, correct?
>
> The callback functions is suspend_noirq and resume_noirq, should I use
> "systems suspend" and "resume" in the commit message?
[...]

What I meant was something along these lines:

  Add suspend_noirq and resume_noirq callback functions to implement PM
  system suspend and resume hooks for the MediaTek Gen3 PCIe controller.

  When the system suspends, trigger the PCIe link to enter the L2 state
  and pull down the PERST# pin, gating the clocks of the MAC layer, and
  then power-off the physical layer to provide power-saving.

  When the system resumes, the PCIe link should be re-established and the
  related control register values should be restored.

The above is just a suggestion, thus feel tree to ignore it completely,
and it's heavily based on your original commit message.

Krzysztof