5.10 LTS Kernel: 2 or 6 years?

Nikolai Kondrashov Nikolai.Kondrashov at redhat.com
Fri Feb 19 09:45:42 EST 2021

Hi Hanjun,

On 2/19/21 10:54 AM, Hanjun Guo wrote:
 > In specific, we will start from the testing work, using HULK robot
 > (reports lots of bugs to mainline kernel) testing framework to test
 > compile, reboot, functional testing, and will extend to basic
 > performance regression testing in the future.

I heard about Huawei ramping up kernel testing from someone at FOSDEM
2019. I wonder if it was you :) Nice to see your progress and the company
stepping up to help with testing!

Would you be interested in working with the Linux Foundation KernelCI project
on submitting your build and test results to the common database - KCIDB?

We are working on aggregating results from various testing systems so we can
provide a dashboard, and a single, aggregated e-mail report to subscribed
maintainers and developers.

We have a prototype dashboard at https://staging.kernelci.org:3000/ and are
working hard on making the e-mail reports good enough to start reaching out to
maintainers.

We already have ARM, Google Syzbot, Gentoo GKernelCI, Red Hat CKI, and, of
course, KernelCI native tests sending data to the database. Linaro Tuxsuite is
starting sending today. We could use your data, and of course any development
help you could spare :)

I wish I could show you my today's KCIDB presentation at DevConf.cz, but the
recording is not out yet. Meanwhile you can take a look at our presentation at
last year's Linux Plumbers: https://youtu.be/y9Glc90WUN0?t=10739

Or see our intro in an older blog post:
https://foundation.kernelci.org/blog/2020/08/21/introducing-common-reporting/

Anyone wishing to contribute to KCIDB gets credentials and permissions to
submit to our "playground" setup where they can send their data, see it in a
dashboard, experiment without worrying about breaking anything, and decide if
they like it or not.

If you're interested, take a look at our Submission HOWTO:
https://github.com/kernelci/kcidb/blob/v8/SUBMISSION_HOWTO.md
and send an email to kernelci at groups.io (CC'd), or come over to the #kernelci
channel on freenode.net!

Nick