[GIT PULL] Qualcomm ARM64 DT updates for 5.12

Bjorn Andersson bjorn.andersson at linaro.org
Tue Feb 9 18:26:23 EST 2021

On Tue 09 Feb 17:06 CST 2021, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> From: Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de>
>
> On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 23:20:43 -0600, Bjorn Andersson wrote:
> > The following changes since commit 5c8fe583cce542aa0b84adc939ce85293de36e5e:
> >
> >   Linux 5.11-rc1 (2020-12-27 15:30:22 -0800)
> >
> > are available in the Git repository at:
> >
> >   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/qcom/linux.git tags/qcom-arm64-for-5.12
> >
> > [...]
>
> Merged into arm/dt, thanks!
>
> I noticed that this came fairly late in the cycle and has a fairly
> large amount of changes in it. It would be nice if you could try
> to send some of the DT contents a little earlier in the future to
> avoid risking them to miss out.

Yeah, sorry about it showing up late.

I'm trying to balance it because I do feel frustration from the
contributors that the Qualcomm branches are "locked down" for 4-5 weeks
per cycle.

> It could also help to split up the largest branches to make them a
> little smaller, e.g. by having one branch just for new SoC and/or
> new board support, and another branch for changes to existing machines.

It's fairly common that things such as PMICs are reused between new and
old platforms, so I fear that such a split will cause unnecessary
conflicts between my trees.

Perhaps I should just send multiple pull requests throughout the cycle?

Regards,
Bjorn