[RFC] net: stmmac: Problem with adding the native GPIOs support

Alexandre Torgue alexandre.torgue at st.com
Mon Dec 14 05:52:14 EST 2020

Hi Serge,

Sorry I never used GPIO provided by DWMAC IP. Obviously, I think is to
late for you to use GPIOs provided by your SoC directly. Unfortunately,
it seems to be a "perfect" chicken and eggs problem :(.

Do you have possibilty to "play" with gpio setting. I mean change
configuration of them (at least for reset one) before perform a DMA
reset: If you have a pull-up on RST line and you could "disconnect" GPO
inside GMAC then your PHY should remain on during DMA reset phase.

regards
Alex