[bug report] locking/qrwlock, arm64: Move rwlock implementation over to qrwlocks causes CPU crashes/stalls when killing java processes

Will Deacon will.deacon at arm.com
Thu Apr 12 10:24:56 PDT 2018

Hi Tai,

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 10:10:40AM -0700, Tai Tri Nguyen wrote:
> Recently I have observed the CPU crashes/stalls when rebooting after I
> ran cassandra benchmark.
> The issue happens randomly.

Please could you share some logs and more details about the crashes and
stalls? At the moment there's not much we can do with this report :/

Ideally, we'd have steps to reproduce the issue, but it seems that you
don't have a reliable method for that.

One other thing you could try is removing the WFE from our cmpwait
implementation in case you have a CPU erratum in that area.

Will