PSCI reset support - specification

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Fri Mar 3 04:09:51 PST 2017

Hi,

I have read psci 1.0 specification available here.
http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.den0022c/DEN0022C_Power_State_Coordination_Interface.pdf

I have looked at SYSTEM_RESET where only the first parameter is setup
which is Function ID (0x8400 0009) and the rest of parameters are not
setup.

In Linux kernel we have psci_sys_reset

static void psci_sys_reset(enum reboot_mode reboot_mode, const char *cmd)
{
	invoke_psci_fn(PSCI_0_2_FN_SYSTEM_RESET, 0, 0, 0);
}

where others parameters are zeros.
Is this done by purpose that these zeros are there?
Because based on spec these are not used and value is not specified.

For example u-boot is allocating regs on the stack and others parameters
have random values.

Thanks,
Michal
--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854