cpufreq: frequency scaling spec in DT node

Viresh Kumar viresh.kumar at linaro.org
Tue Jul 11 20:41:50 PDT 2017

On 11-07-17, 13:09, Mason wrote:
> I apologize for being unclear.
>
> What I meant is that the bootloader originally set the max frequency
> to 1206 MHz. The OPP table in DTS was written based on that value.
>
> Later, someone changed the bootloader code to set a slightly higher
> max frequency. When I flashed the new bootloader on my board, the
> OPP table no longer matches the actual frequency.
>
> But I am not notified when bootloader authors change max frequencies,
> which is why I wrote "changed the max freq behind my back".
>
> Again, sorry for the confusing statements.
>
> (The bootloader is not DT-aware, so it leaves the DT untouched.)

Here we go. Finally I have understood what the problem you are facing is :)
And yes, it was really not clear to me until now. I though that someone just
changed the max in DT and that's making things go bad :)

Anyway, how does the bootloader control the max frequency? For the boards I
worked on, its just a PLL that the kernel needs to set and kernel can choose to
program it the way it wants to irrespective of the way bootloader has worked on
it.

> Maybe this is the real issue that needs to be addressed,
> rather than the symptoms that turn up later because of
> the root issue.

Sure, I just need a bit more of input from you :)

--
viresh