[GIT PULL] STM32 DT changes for v4.11 #1

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Jan 20 02:30:47 PST 2017

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 7:53 AM, Olof Johansson <olof at lixom.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 04:49:29PM +0100, Alexandre Torgue wrote:
>> -----
>> First patch "clk: stm32f4: Update DT bindings documentation")
>> has already been merged in clock tree.
>
> Ugh. That patch doesn't just update documentation. It also updates the
> dt-include file.
>
> So, if it's already been merged into the clock tree, then we can't merge
> a separate copy here.
>
> By now, easiest is to hold off making use of it until it's on a shared
> branch, i.e. next release. Use the numerical values until then.

I suggested doing it this way if the same commit ID could be used rather
than having two identical commits with different IDs in the two branches,
which would be bad practice.

Alexandre, can you clarify whether this is the same commit ID on both
branches, and whether the tree it was merged into is one that does
not get rebased?

    Arnd