s3c24xx: Use devm_kcalloc() in s3c24xx_dma_probe()

Tobias Jakobi tjakobi at math.uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Apr 23 08:18:15 EDT 2017

SF Markus Elfring wrote:
>>> WARNING: Prefer devm_kcalloc over devm_kzalloc with multiply
>> For example. Also I just noticed some previous comment by Krzysztof that
>> pointed that out already.
>>
>> My suggestion: One sentence describing that the current situation is.
>
> Why do you find the sentence for the multiplication information inappropriate
> (or incomplete) at the moment?
I already explained that. It's a 1:1 translation of a german sentence
into English. A native speaker does not write or speak like that. If in
doubt, don't use long sentences (with nesting, etc.) at all, and break
things down into logical blocks.

>> Another sentence explaining why this is bad/undesirable.
>
> Which details do you miss here?
Pretty much everything.

>> In this case, the output of the checkpatch script would come in handy.
>
> Its implementation of the check “ALLOC_WITH_MULTIPLY” considers only an other
> search pattern so far.
>
> * Do you find it worthwhile to add a prefix like “devm_” to the used
>   regular expression?
>
> * Would like to improve any related scripts for the semantic patch language
>   (Coccinelle software) a bit more?
I don't understand why you're asking this. I'm talking about the
_output_ of checkpatch, not about the script itself.

But undoubtedly your patch is motivated by the output of said tool.
Hence you should mention that.

- Tobias