[Bug] ARM: mxs: STI: console can't wake up from freeze

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at armlinux.org.uk
Mon Oct 31 09:17:00 PDT 2016

On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 01:44:14PM +0200, Stefan Wahren wrote:
> unfortunately not:
>
> Setting: no_console_suspend not in cmdline, Debug UART wakeup source enabled
>
> echo mem > /sys/power/state
>
> Result: Able to wakeup via Debug UART
> Expected result: Able to wakeup via Debug UART
>
> ---
>
> Setting: no_console_suspend not in cmdline, Debug UART wakeup source enabled
>
> echo freeze > /sys/power/state
>
> Result: Unable to wakeup via Debug UART (no hung task warning)
> Expected result: Able to wakeup via Debug UART

Okay - I know that certain actions are bypassed when no_console_suspend
is set, which has detrimental effects on some ARM platforms, so it was
worth testing - iirc, working no_console_suspend is reliant on the boot
loader re-setting up the serial port after its lost state.

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
according to speedtest.net.