Low network throughput on i.MX28

Stefan Wahren stefan.wahren at i2se.com
Sat Oct 29 02:08:53 PDT 2016

> Jörg Krause <joerg.krause at embedded.rocks> hat am 29. Oktober 2016 um 01:07
> geschrieben:
>

> You mentioned [1] an optimization in the Freescale vendor Linux kernel
> [2]. I would really like to see this optimization in the mainline
> kernel.
>
> Did you ever tried to port this code from Freescale to mainline?

Yes, i tried once but i was frustrated soon because of the lot of required
changes and resulting issues.

> Is it even possible, as the mainline driver uses the DMA engine?

I think the more important part would be analyse why the Mainline driver is
slowlier. I mean to exactly identify the bottleneck.

I don't have enough time and equipment for this. I better concentrate on standby
support.