4.9 RC2 fails to boot on mk802ii with generic DT based cpufreq driver

Jost Menke cyberlab at gmx.de
Mon Oct 24 08:09:21 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I ran into a problem with the recent mainline kernel on my Allwinner A10 based MK802ii. It looks like a wrong initial CPU frequency is chosen. It will boot until this point:

[3.040447] cpufreq: cpufreq_online: CPU0: Running at unlisted freq: 384000 KHz
[3.057932] cpufreq: cpufreq_online: CPU0: Unlisted initial frequency changed to: 624000 KHz

After that, it just freezes. When I compile with a different cpufreq driver, it will boot up but there doesn't seem to be any frequency scaling (/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq is empty) and I think it just remains at a very low clock speed because sysbench results are really slow.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Jost