MAINTAINERS entry for ARM/CLKDEV SUPPORT

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at armlinux.org.uk
Mon Oct 10 07:18:19 PDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 05:08:10PM +0300, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> Hello Stephen Boyd,

Okay, that's really not nice.

This is _not_ a question for Stephen.  Stephen does _not_ co-maintain
clkdev or the clk API, but co-maintains CCF.  I've no idea why you are
addressing this to Stephen when this is clearly a question for me to
answer.

> The MAINTAINERS entry looks like this:
>
> ARM/CLKDEV SUPPORT
> M:      Russell King <linux at armlinux.org.uk>
> L:      linux-arm-kernel at lists.infradead.org (moderated for non-subscribers)
> S:      Maintained
> F:      arch/arm/include/asm/clkdev.h
> F:      drivers/clk/clkdev.c
>

> We removed arch/arm/include/asm/clkdev.h in 34d2f4d3a4d6a6b ('ARM: Use
> generic clkdev.h header').  Do you still need to be CC'd on the clkdev.c
> changes?

Technically, it is redundant anyway, as I'm listed for all arch/arm
changes.  However, the maintainership of arch/arm and the maintainership
of clkdev are separate, the explicit entry is quite right.

It's also right that it's retained, because if we stop using the generic
clkdev.h header, I want to be copied on such a change, and this entry
will allow checkpatch to list me as clkdev maintainer.

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
according to speedtest.net.