arasan,sdhci.txt "compatibility" DT binding

Michal Simek michal.simek at xilinx.com
Wed Nov 30 05:17:10 PST 2016

On 30.11.2016 11:51, Sebastian Frias wrote:
> On 29/11/16 08:29, Rameshwar Sahu wrote:
>> Hi Mason,
>>
>> Nowhere in the documentation do they specify an "IP version".
>> Some documents do provide a revision number, but that's just
>> a *documentation* revision number, e.g.
>>
>> changes in version 3.6 : fix typos
>> changes in version 9.1a : update company logo
>>
>> That's why Xilinx used "arasan,sdhci-8.9a" and APM used
>> "arasan,sdhci-4.9a". These are documentation revisions.
>> In my opinion, that information is mostly worthless.
>>

> For the record, the important information conveyed by Rameshwar's
> email is the following:
>
> Arasan SD/SDIO/eMMC IP has a register which tells about the SD
> specification version and  Vendor version number
> Reg Name: Host controller version register (offset 0FEh)
> bit [15:8] is for vendor version number,
> But, I have seen that Arasaan vendor version number is same as
> document revision number.
>
> (At first I had ignored the email because it repeated Mason's email
> without quoting, but then I realised it contained some information)

Values on real HW.

ZynqMP device
xsdb% mrd 0xFF1600FC
FF1600FC:   10020000

Zynq device:
xsdb% mrd 0xE01000FC
E01000FC:   89010000

Based on docs I have access to.

Specification_Version_Number (bits:23:16)
00 - SD Host Specification version 1.0
01 - SD Host Specification version 2.00 including only the feature of
the Test Register
02 - SD Host Specification version 3.00

Vendor_Version_Number 	31:24

with 32bit access from FC