Default atomic_pool_size value & changing it

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at armlinux.org.uk
Tue Nov 15 13:37:07 PST 2016

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 10:15:51PM +0100, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> I've hit problem with allocating enough coherent DMA memory. Obviously
> there is a limit of this memory as pointed by:
> [ 0.283667] DMA: preallocated 256 KiB pool for atomic coherent allocations

This is for _atomic_ coherent allocations, not for normal coherent
allocations.  Normal coherent allocations come from the CMA memory.
Make sure you have CMA enabled, and you have enough of it.

Boot with cma=xxxMB with xxx set appropriately.

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
according to speedtest.net.