[RFC v2 00/13] usb/mmc/power: Fix USB/LAN when TFTP booting

Krzysztof Kozlowski k.kozlowski at samsung.com
Tue May 31 04:54:31 PDT 2016

On 05/31/2016 02:58 AM, Peter Chen wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2016 at 11:36:13AM +0800, Peter Chen wrote:
>> All, how we move on for this?
>>
>> 1. Using a generic driver to manage both mmc and USB (and further
>> subsystem), USB and further subsystem do not use pwrseq node in dts.
>> 2. USB creates the similar driver under drivers/usb for its own use.
>>
>> Which one do you prefer, thanks.
>>

> Hi Krzysztof Kozlowski,
>
> I think option 1 may be better according to Rob and Ulf's comment.

Hi,

I like the option #1 as well. The generic driver should rely and parse
existing bindings like 'reset-gpios'. Still additional property (e.g.
"do-the-power-sequence") seems needed as we do not want to play with all
reset-gpios in DTB.

> Would you like going on your patch set? You can work on generic pwrseq
> driver, I will do USB stuffs based on generic pwrseq driver?

Great, that sounds good! I'll start the work.

Best regards,
Krzysztof