[GIT PULL arm] Use _rcuidle tracepoints to allow tracing from idle

Paul E. McKenney paulmck at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu May 26 09:27:27 PDT 2016

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 09:26:06AM -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> Hello, Ingo,
>
> This series changes a number of event tracepoints to their _rcuidle() form
> to allow use from idle without lockdep-RCU complaints, a straightforward
> modification that has been successfully applied many times.  These splats
> were found in testing by Guenter Roeck and Tony Lindgren, who have
> both successfully tested the full series.  Tony asked that I carry these
> in -rcu:
>
> 	http://lkml.kernel.org/g/20160426213630.GV5995@atomide.com
>
> These have been posted to LKML, CCing relevant maintainers, who have
> not objected to the proposed changes:
>
> 	http://lkml.kernel.org/g/20160516184844.GA20144@linux.vnet.ibm.com
>
> These maintainers are also CCed on this pull request.
>
> They have also been subjected to 0day Test Robot and -next testing.

And this time actually including the pull request...  :-/

							Thanx, Paul

These changes are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulmck/linux-rcu.git for-mingo

for you to fetch changes up to e7c38dda94b23965a3eb46ef4656bb8cb921933d:

  arm: Use _rcuidle suffix to allow clk_core_enable() to used from idle (2016-05-18 11:55:29 -0700)

Paul E. McKenney (6):
      arm: Use _rcuidle tracepoint to allow use from idle
      arm: Use _rcuidle for suspend/resume tracepoints
      arm: Add _rcuidle tracepoints to allow clk_core_disable() use from idle
      arm: Add _rcuidle suffix to allow rpm_idle() use from idle
      arm: Add _rcuidle suffix to allow rpm_resume() to be called from idle
      arm: Use _rcuidle suffix to allow clk_core_enable() to used from idle

 arch/arm/kernel/smp.c             |  2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/powerdomain.c |  9 +++++----
 drivers/base/power/runtime.c      | 14 +++++++-------
 drivers/clk/clk.c                 |  8 ++++----