Modern kernel on a Chumby

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed May 25 14:09:32 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 4:59:31 PM CEST Josh Coombs wrote:
> I've likely bitten off way more than I can chew but I'd like to see if
> this is possible:  I have a i.MX21 powered 'original' Chumby happily
> running on a modified 2.6.16 kernel, ideally I'd like to do the
> legwork to get it running on a current, mainline kernel.  Looking at
> 4.6 I see a single i.MX21 device supported by a board file, the
> mx21ads.  Flipping through the list archives I see discussions of
> i.MX21 being moved to device tree operation but I can't see any signs
> of any such devices actually being supported that way.
>
> Should I try to bash up support based on the mx21ads or is there a
> device tree template I can start from?

I think your best bet is to start from the imx27 DT support.
As I understand, it's closely related to imx21, though it's possible
that you have to add some other drivers.

Alexander Shiyan (added to Cc here) has written DT support for the imx21
clk controller, he may have other patches that never made it upstream,
or have additional information.

	Arnd