[GIT PULL] clk: tegra: Changes for v4.7-rc1

Stephen Boyd sboyd at codeaurora.org
Mon May 9 15:42:19 PDT 2016

On 05/09, Thierry Reding wrote:

> I'm not aware of any API that would fit in this case. Power domains
> would be misleading because power management isn't involved. One other
> alternative that I had thought about is to make it a "virtual" reset,
> but that is equally misleading because nothing is really being reset
> here.
>
> Yet another option might be to make it a "virtual" clock, though it'd
> have to be somewhat hacky because we need two steps (one to enable HW
> control and another to start the HW sequencer). That could be
> implemented using ->prepare() and ->enable(), respectively, but it's
> really not a clock either.
>
> I welcome any ideas on how to turn this into something generic, though.

I suggested power domains because it looks like SoC glue code
that we need to do when the device is powered on and off? Unless
I totally misread how it was used. And I suppose I should have
said generic power domains (genpd) instead of power domains,
because I agree it's not actual power management, just some SoC
runtime PM stuff it seems. But who knows, I probably misread it
all.

a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project