dra7xx pci driver broken on dra7xx-evm

Kishon Vijay Abraham I kishon at ti.com
Wed Jan 6 21:17:50 PST 2016

Hi,

On Thursday 07 January 2016 03:15 AM, Richard Cochran wrote:

> The dra7xx-evm box freezes hard at the very first PCI bus access, the
> call to in dra7xx_pcie_readl() in dra7xx_pcie_probe().
>
> The out-of-tree 3.14.53 TI driver performs a reset via platform data,
> calling omap_device_assert_hardreset() by hook and crook.
>
> Adding the reset into the mainline driver cures the freeze.
>
> Question: How on earth is this driver supposed to work?

It doesn't work out of the box in mainline. (Every time I post a PCI patch, I
add the pdata-quirks mechanism to test it). The pdata-quirks mechanism used in
TI tree is not an upstream-able solution. Something like this [1] was done for
performing reset. Not sure the latest state of that. Dan? Suman?

Thanks
Kishon

[1] -> https://patches.linaro.org/33797/