[GIT PULL] NXP LPC32xx Platform Updates for v4.6 #1

Sylvain Lemieux slemieux.tyco at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 06:14:34 PST 2016

Hi Olof,

On Wed, 2016-02-24 at 13:36 -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 03:41:58AM +0200, Vladimir Zapolskiy wrote:
> > Hi Arnd, Olof, Kevin,
> >
> > please consider to include NXP LPC32xx platfrom updates (#1) for v4.6.
> >
> > The main change is a switchover to a common clock framework driver
> > for LPC32xx, this also allows to reuse a shared LPC32xx clockevent
> > driver, and hence remove legacy clock and timer drivers from
> > arch/arm/mach-lpc32xx.
> >
> > I'm adding an official LPC32xx maintainer Roland to Cc, however
> > he seems to be unresponsive for a quite long time (since 2014).

> > The following changes since commit 92e963f50fc74041b5e9e744c330dca48e04f08d:
> >
> >   Linux 4.5-rc1 (2016-01-24 13:06:47 -0800)
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >
> >   https://github.com/vzapolskiy/linux.git lpc32xx/soc
> >
> > for you to fetch changes up to 0ac1a101f5dd28c3894be3c0230ee7ea2e05e8aa:
> >
> >   arm: lpc32xx: remove direct control of GPIOs from shared mach file (2016-02-11 02:27:04 +0200)
>
> In the future, please use the decription you wrote above as part of a tag
> description, and sign your tags. For extra credit, get other kernel developers
> to sign your key (easiest done at conferences, but maybe there are other
> developers in your local area that you can meet up with).
>
> It indeed seems like Roland has gone silent lately. This happens from time to
> time, but it's always good to know if it's intentional (and if he's coming
> back) or not. Meanwhile, we can merge patches after review but I don't have
> hardware to test on so I'd have to rely on you getting that right. If we get
> regression reports we'll have to re-evaluate the approach. :)

I am running this patchset and the LPC32xx DT update patchset on a
custom LPC32xx board; I did have any problem while running
those changes.

I am trying to run the major changes for the LPC32xx platform before
the pull request take place; see the 2 link below:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.devicetree/155413
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.devicetree/155560

Sylvain Lemieux