A gic problem about eoi

Marc Zyngier marc.zyngier at arm.com
Thu Feb 18 01:00:33 PST 2016

On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 13:00:58 +0800
Yang Yingliang <yangyingliang at huawei.com> wrote:

Hi Yang,

> Hi, Marc
>
> We found if hardware clear pending and active status is slower than
> software handling, the new sgi will be merged because of hardware
> status. The new sgi will be lost.
>
> If we add a dsb instruction after gic_write_eoir(), it can avoid this
> case happening.
>
> Is it a right way to add a dsb instruction after gic_write_eoir()
> in current gic driver code ?

I suspect your problem is not so much the EOI, but that the read of
ICC_IAR1_EL1 doesn't propagate the Ack quickly enough, leading to the
transition from pending to active to still be in flux when the interrupt
is EOIed. This is where a DSB is required (and was missing until very
recently).

Does 1a1ebd5 ("irqchip/gic-v3: Make sure read from ICC_IAR1_EL1 is
visible on redestributor") solve your problem?

Thanks,

	M.
--
Jazz is not dead. It just smells funny.