noise issues when recording sound on i.MX28

Uwe Kleine-König u.kleine-koenig at pengutronix.de
Wed Feb 10 07:03:15 PST 2016

Hello Fabio,

On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 11:00:33AM -0200, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Uwe Kleine-König
> <u.kleine-koenig at pengutronix.de> wrote:
>
> > So you didn't hit the problem that resetting a saif didn't work, right?
>
> No, we haven't seen this reset issue.
>
> > Do you have a few more technical details here? A usecase of my machine
>
> Let me find out as it has been several years I worked on this problem.
> Will let you know.

Anything new on your end? I know from Lothar that he invested quite some
time to debug his hardware setup, tested the codec instead of the i.MX28
as clock provider and several more things. I also spend some time on
this issue and we both hope that Freescale/NXP can help in better
understanding the issue and hopefully can come up with a recipe to make
concurrent recording and playback on i.MX28 work.

Lothar is in contact with Freescale, too, but up to now with little
success. The company I'm working for at the moment would also welcome a
solution here.

Best regards
Uwe