net: mv643xx: interface does not transmit after some time

Thomas Schlöter thomas at schloeter.net
Sat Feb 6 10:24:50 PST 2016

Hello,

I am using mainline kernel 4.4 on a QNAP TS-412 (Marvell Kirkwood Feroceon 6281). The network interface mv643xx loses connection after a few minutes to some hours. Only bringing the interface down and up again helps.

Now I have a serial console for debugging. When I ping the dead interface and run „watch ifconfig eth0“ on the serial console, I can see the RX packets counting up while TX packets stays unchanged. Log files only show a message of some services showing a timeout or „if_sendrawpacket: No buffer space available“.

How can I figure out what is wrong?

Regards,
Thomas