marvell_cesa fails to register on kirkwood (88F6282)

Arnaud Ebalard arno at natisbad.org
Fri Feb 5 12:41:09 PST 2016

Hi guys,

Gregory CLEMENT <gregory.clement at free-electrons.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> +cc Arnaud
>
>  On ven., févr. 05 2016, Gregory CLEMENT <gregory.clement at free-electrons.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi JM,
>>
>>  On ven., févr. 05 2016, JM <fijam at archlinux.us> wrote:

>>> Yes, I simply used dtc -I fs /proc/device-tree to obtain the dts.
>>>
>>> Here is the relevant .dtb file : http://heap.ovh/files/kirkwood-ts219-6282.dtb
>>>

>> OK so this dtb is exacly the one from the mainline. As most of the CESU
>> stuff is set in te dtis, we will be able to compare it on the other
>> kirkwood based board.
>>
>> Gregory
>
> So with the help of Boris we checked the ranges propreties, the reg
> property and the clock too. Everyting seems OK.
>
> Arnaud,
>
> as you are the on who tested the cesa on kirkwood, do you remember if
> you needed to add specific Kconfig or to made some change in the dts?

Here is the result I get on my ReadyNAS Duo v2 (88F6282, see below) w/ a
stock 4.4 kernel I just cross-compiled w/ a gcc 4.9.2. The kernel has no
modules and uses an appended DTB (u-boot on the platform is pretyy old):

root at mood:~# dmesg | grep -i cesa
[    3.306135] marvell-cesa f1030000.crypto: CESA device successfully registered

root at mood:~# uname -a
Linux mood 4.4.0.duov2 #1 Fri Feb 5 21:11:25 CET 2016 armv5tel GNU/Linux

root at mood:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
model name      : Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (v5l)
BogoMIPS        : 1594.16
Features        : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
CPU implementer : 0x56
CPU architecture: 5TE
CPU variant     : 0x2
CPU part        : 0x131
CPU revision    : 1

Hardware        : Marvell Kirkwood (Flattened Device Tree)
Revision        : 0000
Serial          : 0000000000000000

I'll try and do the same now w/ CESA support compiled as module to see
what I get. I'll keep you posted.

As a side note, a simple grep on the .config file you provided at
http://pastebin.com/40eKMJqE makes me wonder why it has some
grsec options residue. Did you test on a stock 4.4 kernel or on
something w/ additional patches? If the latter, could you check what a
stock kernel gives?

Cheers,

a+